PUBLIC DISPLAY OF APPLICATION DOSSIER FOR THE IMPORTATION OF GENETICALLY MODIFIED SOY BEAN FOR PROCESSING OF FEED
In accordance with the National Biosafety Management Agency Act 2015, requiring public display of any biosafety application, for permit to intentionally release genetically modified organisms (GMOs), for comments, the National Biosafety Management Agency (NBMA) hereby announces a twenty-one (21) day public notice on the display of an application dossier by Agboola Farms Ltd, 9A Milverton road, Ikoyi Lagos for the importation of genetically modified Soy Bean for feed processing. The display is with effect from 21st May, 2018 to 12th June, 2018, to enable the public to make input that would facilitate informed decision on the application.
- Description of the GM Soy Bean:
- The genetically modified Soy Bean was engineered for insect resistance and herbicide tolerance.
- Display centres are:
- Department of Biosafety Enforcement and Operations,
National Biosafety Management Agency, Airport road, Abuja.
- Office of the Executive Director,
Forest Research Institute of Nigeria, Ibadan
- Office of the Executive Director
National Root Crops Research Institute Umudike
- National Cereals Research Institute, Badeggi
- Website of the National Biosafety Management Agency; nbma.gov.ng
- Display duration
Date: 21st May, 2018 – 12th June, 2018
Time: 8:00am – 4:00pm
ALL COMMENTS SHOULD BE FORWARDED TO THE OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR GENERAL, NATIONAL BIOSAFETY MANAGEMENT AGENCY ON OR BEFORE 12th JUNE, 2018.
Director-General/ Chief Executive Officer NBMA
LIST OF EVENTS