PUBLIC DISPLAY OF APPLICATION FOR THE COMMERCIAL RELEASE OF GENETICALLY MODIFIED COWPEA FOR MARUCA POD BORER RESISTANCE
In accordance with the National Biosafety Management Agency Act, 2015, requiring public display of any Biosafety application, for permit to intentionally release genetically modified organisms (GMOs), into the Nigerian environment, or for commercialization, the National Biosafety Management Agency (NBMA) hereby announces a twenty-one (21) day display of an application dossier submitted by the Institute for Agricultural Research (IAR), Zaria, for the commercialization of PBR Cowpea modified for resistance to Maruca Pod Borer. The display is to enable members of the public to make input that would facilitate informed decision on the application.
- Description of the Product
- The PBR Cowpea was modified for Maruca Pod Borer.
- Display Centres are:
- Department of Environmental Biosafety/General Release, National Biosafety Management Agency (NBMA), National Parks Service Building, Airport Road, Abuja
- National Cereals Research Institute (NCRI) Badeggi, Niger State
- National Root Crops Research Institute, Umudike, Abia State
- Forestry Research Institute of Nigeria (FRIN) Ibadan, Oyo State
- Display Duration
Date: 27th December to 16th January 2019
Time: 8:00 am – 4:00pm daily
- All comments should be forwarded to the office of the Director-General/ Chief Executive Officer, National Biosafety Management Agency, National Parks Service Building, Airport Road, Abuja on or before 13th January, 2019.
Director-General/Chief Executive Officer
National Biosafety Management Agency