PUBLIC DISPLAY OF APPLICATION DOSSIER FOR CONFINED FIELD TRIAL OF HERBICIDE TOLERANT (HT) SOY BEAN
In accordance with the National Biosafety Management Agency Act 2015, requiring public display of any biosafety application for permit to intentionally release genetically modified organisms (GMOs), for comments, the National Biosafety Management Agency (NBMA) hereby announces a twenty-one (21) day display of an application dossier by National Biotechnology Development Agency for confined field trial (CFT) of genetically modified herbicide tolerant soy bean. The display, with effect from 24th March, 2018 to 15th April, 2018, is to enable the public to make input that would facilitate informed decision on the application.
- Description of the proposed CFT
The confined field trial is for the purpose of:
- Field screening and introgression of Glyphosate tolerant soy bean gene into commercial soy bean (Glycine max (L.) Merill) varieties in Nigeria.
- Display centres are:
- National Biosafety Management Agency, Airport road, Abuja.
- National Biotechnology Development Agency, Abuja.
- National Cereals Research Institute, Badeggi.
- Institute for Agricultural Research (IAR), Zaria.
- Website of the National Biosafety Management Agency; nbma.gov.ng
- Display duration
Date: 24th March, 2018 – 15th April, 2018
Time: 8:00am – 4:00pm
ALL COMMENTS SHOULD BE FORWARDED TO THE OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR GENERAL, NATIONAL BIOSAFETY MANAGEMENT AGENCY ON OR BEFORE 15TH APRIL 2018.
Director-General/ Chief Executive Officer NBMA