PUBLIC DISPLAY OF APPLICATION DOSSIER FOR CONFINED FIELD TRIAL (CFT) OF A CASSAVA CLONE FOR INCREASED STARCH YIELD
In accordance with the National Biosafety Management Agency Act 2015, requiring public display of any biosafety application, for permit to intentionally release genetically modified organisms (GMOs), for comments, the National Biosafety Management Agency (NBMA) hereby announces a twenty-one (21) day public notice on the display of an application dossier by International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA), Ibadan, Oyo State for the Confined field trial of a cassava clone. The display, with effect from 14th Jan, 2019 to 4th Feb, 2019, to enable the public to make input that would facilitate informed decision on the application.
- Description of the Proposed CFT:
The confined field trial is for the purpose of;
- Increase starch yield in its storage roots.
- Display centres are:
- Department of Biosafety Enforcement and Operations,
National Biosafety Management Agency, Airport road, Abuja.
- Office of the Executive Director,
Forest Research Institute of Nigeria, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Office of the Executive Director
National Root Crops Research Institute Umudike, Abia State
- National Cereals Research Institute, Badeggi, Niger State
- Website of the National Biosafety Management Agency; nbma.gov.ng
- Display duration
Date: 14th Jan, 2019 to 4th Feb, 2019
Time: 8:00am – 4:00pm
ALL COMMENTS SHOULD BE FORWARDED TO THE OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR-GENERAL/CEO, NATIONAL BIOSAFETY MANAGEMENT AGENCY, Airport road, Abuja ON OR BEFORE 4th of February, 2019.
Director-General/ Chief Executive Officer NBMA