PUBLIC DISPLAY OF APPLICATION DOSSIER FOR AUTHORIZATION FOR FOOD, FEED AND PROCESSING FOR GENETICALLY MODIFIED MAIZE AND SOY BEAN EVENTS
In accordance with the National Biosafety Management Agency Act 2015, requiring public display of any biosafety application, for permit to intentionally release genetically modified organisms (GMOs), for comments, the National Biosafety Management Agency (NBMA) hereby announces a twenty-one (21) day public notice on the display of an application dossier by Monsanto Agriculture Nigeria Limited, C/o Caution Services Limited, Suite 127 Anbeez Plaza, Wuse Zone 5, Abuja for authorization of as the Developer of genetically modified maize MON 0810-6 and Soy bean MON 4032-6 events for food, feed, and/or processing. The display is with effect from 27th February – 19th March, 2019 to enable the public to make input that would facilitate informed decision on the application.
- Description of the GM maize and soy bean:
- The genetically modified maize and soy bean events were engineered for insect resistance and herbicide tolerance respectively.
- Display centres are:
- Department of Biosafety Enforcement and Operations,
National Biosafety Management Agency, Airport road, Abuja.
- Office of the Executive Director, Forestry Research Institute of Nigeria, Ibadan, Oyo State
- Office of the Executive Director, National Root Crops Research Institute Umudike, Abia State
- Office of the Executive Director, Institute for Agricultural Research, Zaria, Kaduna State
- Website of the National Biosafety Management Agency; nbma.gov.ng
- Display duration
Date: 27th February, 2019 – 19th March, 2019
Time: 8:00am – 4:00pm
ALL COMMENTS SHOULD BE FORWARDED TO THE OFFICE OF THE DIRECTOR GENERAL, NATIONAL BIOSAFETY MANAGEMENT AGENCY ON OR BEFORE 19th MARCH, 2019.
Director-General/ Chief Executive Officer